Good PC Build Under $800, The Best Custom PC For Next Gen

You may be wondering what the best steps would be towards getting a good PC build for under $800. Any custom PC within the $600-$800 range is going to be a beast of a system and trust me when I say that you would never regret the day you decided to build a custom PC within this budget range.

$800 Is A Great Way To Go For A Gaming Rig

If you have never built a PC before then it may sound like something that would be to complicated to get done.

Through personal experience I can tell you that it’s really not that hard at all even though the thought of it might intimidate you. When I first got interested in building custom computers on whatever budget I desired I always thought that I would never be able to actually build a PC.

One day I said screw it and grabbed all of my parts to build the gaming computer of my dreams.

When I went to go build my first computer I followed a simple step-by-step video by Newegg and everything went just fine. I have added the video to this post so if you’d like you can bookmark this post and come back to it whenever you go to build your computer that way you can be ensured that you have an awesome result!

If you’re new to the whole custom computer scene then I’d highly suggest going through the first half of this video before you go and try to build your computer.

Sure it’s a lengthy video but the content is right on point and the instructions are extremely easy to follow. When you actually order your parts and go to build your computer then be sure to follow this video as you go to build your computer. This way you won’t miss a step and you’ll be able to build it like a pro!

Also, once you get this process down you can then build computers for friends/relatives and maybe even have them give you a small charge for the work you do. 😉

After building about 8 computers for various friends/family I am now able to build a computer around a hours worth of time. Personally, I think the process is fun and easy so why not develop a new skill right? 🙂

With all that being said, let’s go over which parts are going to be optimal within this budget range.

Last Updated: February 23rd, 2017

case Case – Corsair SPEC-01

Processor – Intel Core i5-7500

Motherboard – ASUS PRIME Z270-P LGA115 M.2 ATX Motherboard

gpu Video Card – PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

ram RAM – Crucial 8GB DDR4 Single

Power Supply – EVGA 700 B1 80+ Bronze 700W

cdCD Drive – Asus 24x DVD-RW

Final Price: $799.04

This build is AMAZING. 😀

Seriously, the combination of the i5 and this graphics card really packs a powerful punch and you’ll be set for years to come.

If you’re looking to have a build that can stand the test of time and give you a gaming experience like you’ve never experienced before then this is the build for you.

The Core i5-7500 offers 4 physical cores that can go up to up to 3.6GHz and 6MB of L3 Cache. This processor can not be overclocked but it leaves plenty of room for an upgrade path down the road. Though to be honest, with the amount of power that it provides, you won’t be needing a CPU upgrade for a long while.

I understand that going with a CPU that can overclock may be just a tad bit over the $800 budget but being able to overclock down the road when games require it will ensure that you’ll be ready to keep playing your favorite games on higher levels of graphic settings.

Sure, the above CPU is going to be able to handle everything that’s coming but if you’re looking for an absolute powerhouse then you may want to consider going that route.

This will be very easy to do once you install the drivers for your motherboard after building your PC, you’ll also want to make sure that the cooler is something that’d be able to handle a heavy overclock. Also be sure to check out YouTube tutorials over it!

The case is your choice. The case that I have listed above will fit the video card and it is the USB 3.0 option. If you want a different looking case then you can go ahead and browse some cool ones by Clicking Here.

The previous build update had included a solid state drive but I had to remove it to be able to stay within the budget range. If the market allows it down the road I’ll add it back in but it’s not an essential part anyway.

If you are in need of a keyboard and mouse for your build then you should check out the review that I did on a great keyboard/mouse combo for a lower price! It doesn’t break the bank and it still gets the job done.

The video card will put you in awe with the amount of power it holds. You can feel very comfortable if you’re planning on playing at a 2560 x 1440 resolution with the graphics settings set to high with this card. 🙂

Down the road when 4K monitors become the norm then I would maybe suggest a GPU upgrade but this graphics card is going to give you power for years to come. This card performs about 200% better than today’s consoles. 😉 With that though, there is a card that you should get once it’s at the right price point. That would be the GTX 1070/1080 – it’d be the better pick to go with for the future.

The reason why I don’t have it listed today is because it’s not available at the right price yet. Once it is though, this build will definitely have it listed. Years down the road it’ll make more sense to add parts like that to a build at this budget point.

As for a monitor, as I said, you’re not going to want to go with something like 4K for a while. However, this build would perform very well at a 1080p resolution so you should definitely get a monitor that delivers on that res.

71r1E7x7PlL._SL1500_MonitorAsus VS228SH

Be sure to go with 700+ watts of power with this build. If you ever feel like upgrading down the road whether it’s the GPU or CPU then you’re also going to want to increase the amount of power you can give to the whole computer. The 500W power supply that I have listed above is one of the most trusted and most protected brands in power supplies so you for sure won’t have to worry about having any power issues with this build!

Choosing an operating system is going to be up to you to decide.

There are many ways of acquiring Windows but actually purchasing a real copy will ensure the highest quality experience with your OS.

I recommend getting Windows 10 since it’s the most compatible when you’ve got your build strictly with gaming in mind. It’s a mixture of the Windows 7 start menu ease combined with the modern feel and look of Windows 8. They got rid of Internet Explorer (FINALLY. Lol.) and replaced it with some new browser they created called Edge. I’d recommend a different browser still, but it’s good to know that they are wanting to trash out their outdated web browser.

Now if you can’t afford to purchase a Windows operating system for about $90 more just know that I completely understand that. Some work arounds would be to throw a free, Linux based operating system like Ubuntu on your build. Ubuntu is an open-source and free operating system that works great for every day use. The only down side to having a Linux based operating system is that not every game out there is compatible with Linux.

There are some 3rd party programs that are out that help with this issue but it’s still kind of an annoying problem. If you don’t mind trying to problem solve and emulate games then you’d be able to use Linux just fine but it’s still a pain to have such a little problem.

That’s why Steam is making their own operating system called SteamOS. Valve wants to base it off of Linux and have it be compatible with every Steam game in existence. I’m pretty excited about that! 😀 But if you still want to go with Windows then I would suggest throwing Linux on your computer temporarily until you have saved enough money to grab a Windows disk. Then you could either dual boot both operating systems or switch entirely over to Windows. You also have the choice of trying to get a copy of Windows through pirating but I don’t suggest that you do that.

Reason being is because it’s illegal and your operating system won’t run 100% perfect by trying to throw a cracked copy of it on a brand new computer. It’s best to just wait and save up for it and have a legit copy that way you can know that everything is going to

Also, if you need a way to connect to internet then I highly recommend picking up a broadband wireless network adapter. It plugs right into a USB slot and it’ll give you the most reliable connection. I’ve included links to both a 64bit version of Windows 10 and a good USB network adapter that is also compatible with Windows 10.

One thing that you need to be certain of is grabbing a 64bit version of Windows because if you don’t then you won’t be able to use all 8GB of your RAM, and that is extremely important to have especially as we move forward with how the PC gaming industry is growing.

There you have it, this is how you can get a good PC build under for $800.

So what do you guys think? Are you going to be grabbing this build?

Let me know in the comments below and if you have any questions feel free to ask away! 🙂

487 Responses to Good PC Build Under $800, The Best Custom PC For Next Gen

1. ahmel says:

just want to ask what kind of games can i play with this and what sittings and how much fps thank you

It’s going to run all of the games of today and it’s ready for VR… it all really depends on which games you play as different games have different spec requirements but 99% of the time you’re going to be running games with 40+ FPS on max settings at 1080p.

2. ahmel says:

And one more question, does it have a build in wifi on it already or do i need to buy that separately

sorry for the stupid question, it gonna be my first build and i’m following all your suggestions

At the bottom of the guide I talk about internet connection, you’ll need a wireless network adapter if you’re not able to directly connect with an ethernet cord.

3. nate says:

Alright i think I’ll go with the evga one then. Hopefully this’ll be the last tweaking but could you check this build out and give me your thoughts. I think everything would fit in this case. thanks man

4. Maheen says:

Hi Colton! I noticed you didn’t include an ssd in your build and i found another build that is a little bit cheaper then yours and looks a bit better. In your opinion, which build is better, yours or this one?

The graphics card is a little too big for the case, the motherboard has a USB 3.0 header but the case doesn’t have any 3.0 ports and that card is really only ideal if you’re going for 1440p resolution or higher.

The CPU is a bit better, but I like being able to overclock the above CPU more. I’d personally say that the above build is better especially if you’re gaming on a 1080p resolution display.

5. nate says:

Thanks =). I was wondering your opinion on what the best keyboard and mouse bundle is. I read your review on the cooler master devastator and since then have been looking for a good combo. So far I’m thinking between the cm devastator, the cm devastator 2, and the Redragon S101 Vajra Gaming Keyboard with Centrophorus Gaming Mouse
    Thoughts on these and any other good KB and M combos? Thanks

I mean, it mainly comes down to what you like aesthetically. A mouse is important especially if you’re playing FPS games… I really dig the CM Devastator because of the low price but if you want to spend a bit more for the aesthetics of the 2nd version then I’d recommend that for sure!

• nate says:

OK although i did find a neat sounding key board and mouse combo that is only 30 bucks right now what do you think of it?

I’ve never heard of them, the mouse would work pretty decent at 1080p since it has a 1600 DPI option.

Not a horrible combo but I like the reviews on the CM Devastator combos better.

• nate says:

I might end up just going with the AULA
            LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard and the Redragon M601 since they’re seem to be good proposals and it’s not terribly expensive it’s like 37 bucks together

Both are pretty good choices man, I’ve heard good things about both

6. Eli says:

I was wondering if this case would work NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower Chassis (CA-PH240-W1), white

7. Diego says:

Hey Colton

I was wondering if I could switch the gpu for the GTX 1080 or even the 1070? Im looking to buy it and was wondering if this build can handle that gpu.

Hey Diego,

Hard telling for sure if the 1070 or the 1080 would be able to fit in the above case so as of right now that part would be a gamble but I do know that the build, as far as the parts together, would work just fine. I’ll be able to help in this regard in the near future once the cards are fully implemented into the market. I’ll also update the builds accordingly.

8. Charlie O'Brien says:

Hi again Colton,
    I was talking about this some more with a friend and he said that GTXs are better than the GPU above, and while I would love to put in a GTX 970, there simply isn’t room in my budget for it, so I was wondering if this is the best GPU for a comparable price range, or if perhaps a GTX 960 or other GPU near this price range would beat it.
    Thanks again.

Charlie when it comes down to the 380x in comparison to the GTX 960 it more so comes down to which brand you like more.

In my research I’ve found that that 380x runs better in benchmarks and in games – in some cases it has over 10 more frames per second than a 960 would have.

9. Charlie O'Brien says:

While I’m still doing computer stuff…..
    I looked at some other comments on this page, and decided to check out the I5-6600 as well, and realized that it is very near identical in price, so I decided to add it to my parts list, but your motherboard stated above didn’t give any compatible results. I don’t know how to find a good mother board that is cost effective and works for everything I need, could you give me some advice or another option for a good one?d

10. nate says:

Oh I also had question about the case for this build. Or only comes with one fan right? Will that be enough if I’m not planning on over clocking yet. Should I get more fans to increase airflow? I’m mostly worried about not doing good enough with the cable management and because of that having mediocre airflow. So is 1 fan enough?

11. Charlie O'Brien says:

Hey Colton, I was reading my parts list and got to the bottom where it listed any problems, and it had one related to my GPU and case saying that certain slots will be blocked, I’m totally fine with that so long as I will be able to put in plenty of storage, potentially upgrading later and the like. Can you tell me what it means by that and what it will prevent me from doing?

On PC Part Picker you’re getting those notices, right?

It means that it’ll block some of the bays for extra hard drives and/or SSDs. It’s hard to know how many drives exactly but it’s best to try and not have any incompatibilities to avoid any possible future problems… which case are you planning on using again?

12. Charlie O'Brien says:

The nzxt phantom 410 ATX mid tower. Also I was looking up your suggested motherboard for the 6600 to see why you chose it and I found a majority of low reviews because of supposed trouble with hard drives or something. Do you have any insight and/ or did you not see those reviews?

Are you able to shoot me a link to the board that you’re talking about? I can’t find it in the comments 🙁

The Phantom 410 is a pretty good case if you don’t mind paying the bit more for it, it’d work for sure.

13. Charlie O'Brien says:

Also, I wanted to check out other cases to see if any were better and fit my gpu as well, so I looked at you review of the Apevia X-Sniper2, and it seemed really good. However, I noticed I could only see two USB ports and I thought the phantom 410 had more, which I need. Am I right, and if so, for me which case do you think would be better?

That’s right, the Phantom 410 has two USB 2.0 as well as 2 USB 3.0 slots in the front whereas the X Sniper 2 has two USB 3.0 slots.

If you don’t mind spending a bit more than it sounds like the Phantom 410 would be the better fit for ya!

14. Charlie O'Brien says:

Hey again Colton. I noticed I was asking a lot of questions on the open forum which I can keep doing, but it seems more efficient if we just email, so if that sounds like a good idea, you know my email from these comments, so just email me and I will take down your address so I can just ask any small query and it won’t have to be just sitting on the public forum helping fewer people. If you don’t like this idea, that’s fine and I can keep

15. Terence says:

What would be a good CPU cooler for this build?

16. Charlie O'Brien says:

How do you feel about the ASRock H170 Pro4 for a mobo?

How about the ASRock H170A-X1/3.1?

You’re talking about this board, right?

Looking at the other one as well, they’d both be excellent choices if you’re going for a 6th gen i5/i7 – especially for a CPU to be able to be overclocked. It’s designed for it.

Keep in mind that the above processor isn’t compatible with the LGA 1151 socket, it’s for the 6th gen CPUs.

17. Jarrod W says:

Hey Colton! I’m looking to build my first gaming pc, and I’m hoping to run games like CS:GO and Overwatch with good fps and good graphics. I really just want an overall smooth experience. Just wondering which build would be best for me.

Hey Jarrod!

I’d say either this or the $700 build would suit you best if you’re looking for the top notch quality.

The biggest difference between the above build and the $700 build is the CPU. If you want to be able to overclock down the road (years down the road) for further performance potential then you’ll want the above CPU for sure. The $700 build’s CPU, while still an amazing CPU, can’t be overclocked.

Both are also totally upgradeable so it really depends on what you’re looking for down the road. If you can afford the above build just fine then definitely go for it man.

• Jarrod W says:

Alright awesome. I’ll probably go for the 800 dollar build. I’ve seen some people talking about the GTX 1070. I don’t want to spend a ridiculous amount of money but I do have the budget to spend a little more (around $1200), and I do want to have a good build for the future. Although more expensive, would it be worth it to wait for that? And what else would I need to upgrade in the build to keep up with the 1070? I’m not really all that familiar with building computers, so sorry about so many questions.

For sure it’d be worth the wait in my opinion. It’s going to be a good couple of months yet before it’s officially on the market from my research but it has some of the best GPU performance yet, it’s really a revolution in GPU tech if what nVidia is saying is all true which from reviews I’ve looked into, it’s definitely a top tier performing card.

I’d say to wait for the 1070 if you for sure want to get into virtual reality or if you’re wanting to game with a 1440p monitor. The above build will still be able to handle most of VR, but at higher resolutions you’ll need even more advanced cards.

For 1080p, the above build or the $900 build would give you the most optimal performance at 1080p when looking at power per dollar spent. You wouldn’t need to change anything else for adding the 1070 by the way, so it could also be a future card down the road and sell the old card?

18. Max says:

Hey Colton, so when you say this build will last years do you mean around 3+ because that’s what I’m aiming for.

And so I would be able to run games say like dark souls 3/overwatch/no man’s sky on high-max settings?

Actually I’d go for 4 1/2+ for higher settings, after that amount of time you’ll probably have to start running some games with some settings turned a bit lower. By that time, today’s max will look like the low setting I’m sure lol!

Those games should all run pretty smooth, Overwatch and DS3 are pretty well optimized. No Man’s Sky isn’t out yet but based on the spec requirements, you’d be able to run it on high/max.

19. Malloc76 says:

Hey colton,
    I was wondering if I was going to need any extra cords to build this computer. The hard drive says it’s bare aND I was told this means that there are no wires/ cords included

20. James C says:

Okay, so this will be my first PC built myself, and I do plan to purchase a wireless adapter, but I’m kind of wondering also about ethernet adapters? It’s been a long time since I last had a desktop, so I don’t recall does this have an ethernet connection on the motherboard or such, or if I wanted to go that route I would need to get one of them too?

Then a side question. I am planning to go ahead and get the “bundle” that Amazon has of the CPU and a Cooler Master CPU fan, will that fit okay and more importantly can the power supply handle the fan?

Hey James,

The above case wouldn’t be able to fit the 212 EVO… you’d have to go with a wider case such as this one!

Also on the ethernet port, there will be one on the motherboard! You just have to download the drivers that come on the CD and then the port will be able to work right away.

21. Tyler Dimalanta-KIm says:

Do I need a cpu cooler when I install, or is it within the case??

22. vacman says:

which do you say is the best bang for your buck looking to play games like CSGO,League, Rust, and Battle Field 1 when it comes out

Well, depends on how much you’d want to spend really. Each build guide here is made specifically for the budget points.

So if you’re trying to build a PC with $800 then the above parts would basically be the best bang for your buck. So it really comes down to how much performance you’re wanting out of your PC.

23. Brandon Hakimi says:

Hey Colton! I was just wondering what cooler master fans fit in this case that can also be overclocked because I feel they perform better and look better as well when compared to the Noctura one you listed above. Oh and I was also wondering if there are any motherboards of this same performance level that are compatible with the i5 you listed above that are red instead. Haha sorry but I want my build to be completely red because that is my favorite color and I am very picky.

Hey there Brandon,

You’d definitely want to take a look at a board like this one because you’re going to want to be able to have the best features that you can to get the most out of the CPU. That board is a beast of a board and I bet it fits your liking color-wise.

As far as a cooler that’ll fit, you should take a look at the GeminII M4 because it’s going to fit while also getting the job done when you decide to overclock! And hey, if you are using an aftermarket cooler, I’d highly suggest picking up some higher quality thermal paste while you’re at it. The paste that comes with these aftermarket coolers really isn’t all that great…

24. Nick says:

Can the graphics card be switched out for a rx480?

25. Max says:

Hey Colton, I was wondering If this Case would work http://amzn.to/2a65Iev

26. Sebastian says:

If I exclude the cd drive, will this work with a 500W power supply?

27. Turner Moon says:

Hey man im looking to build this computer but itll be useless if my internet stays the way it is. On a good day at the right time i get like 750 kb/s and other times it wont even connect. Needless to say i live in the country and it absolutely kills my console experience. I was just wondering if a new modem/router would help. If so what would you recommend for less than $150? Also is there anything else I can do to boost speeds?

Hey Turner Moon,

It really all comes down to your ISP (internet service provider).

Your ISP needs to be able to have a good connection with where you are. If you already don’t have good connection with your current ISP then I’d suggest looking into other ISPs. If the modem/router you have now came with the package then I don’t think simply getting a new one will get the job done.

Also, is the 750 kb/s from a direct connection via ethernet or is it a wireless connection? A direct connection would have a lot better connection for sure.

• Turner Moon says:

It’s from a wireless connection and I tested it again last night and was only getting about 250 kb/s. I’ll definitely look into getting a wired connection though. We have windstream out here and they really screw us because other than satellite Internet it’s the only option. Luckily I play mostly single player games so I think I might be able to get by if I built this pc. By the way you have an awesome site here man its really helped me understand how all this works!

Direct connections is always best – hands down. Definitely look into it.

Single player would not have any affect so if you have a good amount of those in mind then yes you’d definitely be able to still do the build.

Glad that you dig the site, always here for whatever else going forward!

28. Mayank Muttreja says:

Hey I’m very new to building pcs and I watched the video you recommended and they had a cpu cooler is there one in this build or do I use the stock one?

Hey Mayank,

The above CPU will come with a stock cooler. If you planned on overclocking right away then I’d suggest adding an aftermarket cooler but it’s not necessary right off the bat.

29. Andrew says:

can i swap the video card with rx480 4GB?

30. Erik says:

Can you give me suggestions on this build. Anything I don’t need/need. Thanks for the help.

Erik,

You’re spending too much money on the CPU. If your PC is for gaming then something like a i5, as listed in the above build, would be more than enough.

That money is better spent on a better graphics card – the card that you have listed there just isn’t as good. Spend more money on the graphics card, spend less on the CPU.

31. Kaleb W says:

I left a comment on your other post, but I don’t think I included everything I needed to ask. We already have the ASUS monitor you rated 9/10, and wireless internet. Can I just connect to our wireless internet without any problems? Also, is the operating system and monitor cost included in the build?
    Btw I checked the Radeon price and it was just ten dollars more than the current one you have posted.

After installing the right driver for the network adapter then yes, you’ll be able to connect to any wifi. The OS, monitor and what not is NOT included in the final price listed in the build guide, that’s only for the hardware.

I’m not sure what you mean by the Radeon price..?

• Kaleb W says:

Thanks for the help. I swear I saw you write that the Radeon 480x would be better than the current graphics card in this build, but it was probably for the other one.

Well you heard right, the 480 would be the better choice.

It’s just that it’s tough to find one in stock and in most cases, if you do, it’s for a price that’s not worth paying. I’ll be updating this build and the others as soon as the market allows the 480 to be more widely distributed at a fair price.

32. Justin says:

Any recommendations for 2x8gb ram sticks for this build?

33. Joao Ribeiro says:

Hi Colton!
    Do i need to buy any extra cables to connect everything?
    Can i had more usb ports to that case?
    Sorry if this questions are basic but this is my first build.

• Joao Ribeiro says:

Forget about my question i should google it a little more. Thanks for share the setup. I almost finish put everithing together. Just waiting for pcu cooler.

Hi Joao!!

All of the cables and what not that you’d need to connect everything will actually come with the different parts such as the motherboard. No worries there.

What do you mean by adding more USB ports? You’d be able to use a USB hub if you needed more ports to use..?

34. Alan says:

Hey Colton, Curious, would it be possible to do a Build With an I7 4790k and a Gtx970? with a 600 watt power supply or a 650watt power supply?

I feel like 750 watts, is an awful lot, Im wanting to see if I can make my build a bit more green if you will.

Would this be possible to do for around $1000? after taxes?

Hey Alan,

Have you taken a look at the $1,000 build guide that I have here on the site?

750w might be a bit much for the stock system but I also have the future in mind with that amount of power. I think of SLI/Crossfire in that retrospect.

600-650w should also be enough to do it, the system is the way it is for overclocking and you’ll need the power with overclocking in mind. As long as it’s a high quality 600-650w supply you should be good to go.

35. Alias says:

Could I get a worse processor for a better video card or is a balance such as here better?

36. Gabriel says:

Hey man great build and I plan on using it so thank you very much made me a fan of this website and needed to ask if this case will be able to fit this build, Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA Mid-Tower Gaming Case, White/Red. And I also added a master geminll m4 cpu cooler making sure that will also fit in the case. Thank you very much for making my first pc build an easy picking and I may come back for more questions to come 🙂

Hey Gabriel, really happy to hear that you’re digging the site 🙂

You’re referring to this exact case, right?

If so then yes it’ll be able to fit everything – expect for the CD drive. If you know what you’re doing in terms of finding all of the drivers for the motherboard, graphics card etc online and making sure that they’re the right ones then you’d be able to not have the CD drive. If you’re brand new to PC building then it’s going to be best to include a CD drive because it streamlines the process of making sure that you have all of the right drivers installed for the different parts. You’ll need a different case if you think you need to use the CDs that the different parts come with!

37. Gabriel says:

Also sorry for another quick response before you got to answer my first question but i was wondering about a video card update with the exact same build i had like 70 dollars left over in the budget and was wondering which one would you think would be best for this build

38. Rich says:

if you look on amazon now the price has dropped some, you can pick up all the parts for this PC for roughly $722, perfect time to build this 🙂

39. T Figgy says:

I’m curious about whether this computer would be able to run dual monitors. I’m new to all this and I definitely feel like it would but just need to make sure.

Hey there T Figgy,

Yes it can – however how many display ports there are on the video card then that’s how many monitors you’d be able to have (given that the monitor also has the compatible ports).

So since the above graphics card has more than one display port option you’d be able to have more than one monitor.

40. Alejandro says:

This has a $222 GPU But the $600 build has a $252? I’m confused lol

Hey Alejandro,

The prices fluctuate man, I’ll be updating the builds pretty soon with updated price points. EVGA has so many different versions of the same card that sometimes one version goes up in price due to demand etc etc

41. Devon says:

Would a 700W be enough power for the 4GB RX480 with the rest of this build being constant?

• Devon says:

Also I’m trying to decide between the 8GB RX480 or the 6GB GTX 1060 with about a $10 difference (8GB RX480 being $10 less) which will give better performance for 1080 p gaming (I would like to play on high graphics settings on most if not all games).

Both are going to be great choices for 1080p, extremely close in that regard so it would come down to which brand you’d rather support. Both are better for different games, maybe look into what high end games you’d want to run and compare which card runs them better from tests?

For sure, that’d be plenty!

42. Stirling says:

Hey Colton would the case in the link below work for this build? Btw its the case from the $600 build.

43. Marios Stroubis says:

Hey sir sorry for asking such an amateur question, is this computer easy to overheat? I know that it may sound stupid but this is the first time I am building a pc, so I would like to get started with as much help from the experienced as possible.
    Also will it play games like Lol, Overwatch, Hearthstone etc at High settings? If so will it overheat from them (sorry again for the inexperienced questions).
    If you have already answered this topic, apologies, I didn’t feel the need of watching every single comment.

Hey Marios, no need to apologize the only stupid questions are the ones you don’t ask. 😉

No it will not overheat unless you wanted to overclock the CPU then you’d need an aftermarket cooler. If you aren’t overclocking right away then no worries on overheating at all.

This build would be ideal for high level, 1080p gaming for sure. I’ll be updating this build in towards the middle of the month, pretty sure that I’ll be switching out the graphics card for a RX 480!

44. AnyOtherWay says:

The colors of this build are… Rather weird. Case may not have a window, so it doesn’t necessarily matter, but still… Ram is black and green, which is the main conflicting piece. Motherboard also conflicts, but I don’t think it matters that much with a motherboard, and I also really like that motherboard, using it in my upcoming build.

Anywho, towards the stuff of this build. I would go with a different GPU. The RX prices are becoming more stable, after all. If you won’t change that, I think it’s fine, since they(from how I see it) aren’t quite as stable as one may like. Maybe wait a month or two? Also, I thought K processors didn’t come with a CPU cooler, so unless you have one there will be problems? I’d, like mentioned before, also go with different ram, but that might just be me. I also don’t like the looks of the case, but again – An opinion. Otherwise, build looks good.

Hey there again AnyOtherWay!

I agree with the card change and once I update the builds again I’ll consider adding it if the prices stick to where they are. They’re still not entirely fair but they’re getting close to what they were announced at.

As far as colors, that’s up to the individual. Some people care, some don’t. That’s personal preference. Thanks for sharing your opinions though!

I’d also assume that in the months ahead the prices will get better and better!

• AnyOtherWay says:

Yeah, some people care and others don’t, I know. Still, you can’t at least get more matching ram?

I’d also like to repeat my question, since it wasn’t answered.
        “Also, I thought K processors didn’t come with a CPU cooler, so unless you have one there will be problems?”

It is probably possible that I’m mistaken that it’s all K processors, though.

Lol again some people care some don’t, I just go off of price man best bang for the buck. At the time of looking at everything, that RAM was the best in my eyes.

The new Skylake K processor don’t come with a stock cooler but the previous Haswell K CPUs do come with one.

45. Dukes says:

Did this build but with a 950. Probably one of my favorites so far and everything works great.

46. Max says:

Hey Colton would this case work? http://amzn.to/2ckqtY1

47. Ethan ilse says:

Can I use this card instead of the PNY? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I’ve never built a pc before.

48. Tate says:

Hey Colton! Thinking about this build or the 900.00.
    Questions:
    Can I use everything in this build but use this SSD instead but later add on the 1TB HDD? http://amzn.to/2dZIFnt

Also, why not get the 6600K instead of the 4960K? It’s only 2$ more on amazon.. unless I’m missing somehthing?
    Intel Core i5 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151, 6MB Cache (BX80662I56600K)

Hey there Tate!

Yes, you could definitely use the SSD right off the bat and then grab a HDD when you need the extra space.

The reason why I don’t have the 6600k listed is because it doesn’t come with a CPU cooler. The 4690k comes with a stock cooler. Adding in a CPU cooler for the 6600k increases the price a bit taking the $800 budget away.

Though with the next update I may use the i5-6600, the version that can’t be overclocked. I’ll just have to see if it’ll fit within the $800 budget since the LGA 1151 motherboard are also a bit more expensive.

49. Daniel says:

Hey this will be my first PC build i was curious if i could get 2 sticks of the exact ram you suggested (giving me 16GB of ram). If i did this would i need a new power stronger power supply or would it change nothing else.

50. Timothy Jordan says: