Best Gaming PC Build Under $500 Dollars, This PC Will OWN in 2018!

To find the best gaming PC build under 500 dollars you’re going to have to find the best parts for the lowest price possible and then build it yourself. Building your own computer has many benefits and is actually a lot easier than you think!

Well you just lucked out! 🙂 Today I feel like sharing how to build the best gaming PC build for under 500 dollars and I also want to show you the best place to get your parts for this EPIC build!

Next-gen PC gaming is going to take quite a bit of GPU and CPU power to run games for the next few years…

But… for around the same price as the present day consoles you can build a custom gaming PC that OWNS! (Seriously.)

500 dollar gaming pc build

You’re About To Build a Beast

I mean, we’re talking MAX graphic settings on most games that are coming up. This build is worth every penny because PC gaming also comes with it’s many benefits. . . (Loads of free games, game modding support, an awesome community – etc.)

Trust me, you’ll never regret the day that you become an official PC gamer. 😉

So let’s get down to it.

How would an individual go about building a custom gaming computer for under $500? Seems impossible, right?

WRONG. Sure the initial price of a gaming computer can be spendy, but that’s the whole point of getting this particular build for this price. This build will run games much smoother and much faster than the Xbox One or the PS4!

Also if you don’t have all of the money required to get the full build then that’s fine! For me, I bought each part as I could afford them and then once I had every part with me I watched a video tutorial on how to build a computer while I was actually building my computer. Building the computer while watching the video helped out a TON.

Honestly, the video that best explains the process of building a custom computer is on Newegg TV. In the video, Paul from Newegg shows you step by step how to build a computer from scratch! The video is below so when you go to build your gaming computer you can just bookmark this post and refer to it here if you’d like!

Be sure to follow this video step by step as you build your PC. This is the same video that I viewed before and during my building process!

It’s a great idea to understand exactly what you’re getting into so I suggest watching the series as many times as possible! 😛

Optimal Hardware For A $500 Budget

Last Updated: November 24th, 2017

I have found the following parts to be of the best value to build an epic gaming monster for under 500 bucks.

Each link will take you to Amazon’s listing for the certain part. Amazon has the world’s greatest customer service team and you are guaranteed a perfect transaction when doing business with Amazon.

Computer case – Thermaltake Versa H21

Motherboard – MSI ProSeries PRO-VDH B350

Video Card – MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Processor – AMD Ryzen 3 1200

RAM – Corsair 8GB Single DDR4

Power supply – EVGA 500W 80+

(Higher price for now due to overpriced RAM)

Though these days it can be tough to squeeze a custom gaming PC for $500, this build does the trick. Now the prices of the parts do rise and fall so even though at the time of this writing the build is $514 it can still be lower or higher than that number, it just depends on the prices of each part.

With PC gaming evolving as much as it is with it’s hardware, it is currently kind of tough to get a custom gaming PC that will be up to good use for the next few years. Give the PC gaming industry some time and things will become much more cheaper as PC power increases.

Now although this build might be more than your budget you will just need to trust me on this one. This is THE build that you are looking for around $500. This is going to give you an amazing PC gaming experience and so dishing out an extra bit to create it really shouldn’t phase you.

500 dollar ryzen pc build

At a $500 budget, the Ryzen 3 1200 is the ideal CPU to go with.

A quick note about the CPU, the stock cooler that the Ryzen 3 1200 comes with is going to be good enough for getting a bit of an overclock in.

This makes it a better choice than the previous Intel processor that was listed because it can be clocked at a higher speed making it even better for gaming and what not. Even if you’re not wanting to mess with overclocking, the above CPU will have a nice upgrade path for down the road as well!

I have changed the computer case to the Thermaltake one simply because it comes with a front USB 3.0 slot and this build can do USB 3.0. It’s ten dollars more expensive than your cheapest computer cases so if you’re really trying to get the best/lowest budget possible for your build then I would suggest grabbing this case instead.

If you want to browse through a bunch of different case choices then Click Here! For the most part, any mid tower case will work fine with this build. Feel free to ask me if you want to know if a specific case will work within the comments area below this post!

Although small in size, the GTX 1050 Ti actually packs a powerful punch!

If you have the extra bit of room in your budget for it, a 4GB RX 580 would be the most optimal choice for the video card. But since the pricing is a bit off right now, it makes sense to pick up the 1050 Ti. The 1050 Ti is an amazing card and right now it’s at a very low price, I’d grab it while it’s still at this current price point of around $140!

Seriously though, with the performance of it… well I had a Radeon HD 7770 with my last build and this card owns the performance of my previous card. I was able to run Skyrim at max texture settings no AA and Dragon Age: Inquisition at tweaked med-highish settings. This would have been an epic upgrade from my last build!

Luckily, this build is pretty beast and will handle the epicness of the PC gaming world for a bit. You’ll have 1TB worth of storage space and this will ensure that you have enough space for the big titles such as Fallout 4 or Star Wars Battlefront!

A keyboard, mouse, and monitor are also needed to experience the beauty of the PC gaming world. If you’re currently looking for a good gaming keyboard then you should check out this awesome keyboard/mouse combination. It’s pretty slick, it looks unique and it has a nice price tag on it.

As I said, a monitor is also needed. I’ve used this 1080p monitor by Asus for many years now and it still works just as if it were brand new. I would definitely recommend checking it out!

71r1E7x7PlL._SL1500_ MonitorAsus VS228H

Optionally if you’re looking for a controller to use for your new gaming PC then I’d suggest taking a look at my picks for the Best PC Gaming Controllers. I personally use the traditional Xbox One controller, but any of the controllers in that list will work just fine with this build and any other build with USB slots which I guess would be basically every PC out there! 😛

Choosing an operating system is entirely up to you. Windows 10 costs about $90 and nobody really wants to dish out that kind of cash for an operating system. You could always throw Linux on your computer for the time being until you save enough money or figure out a way to get Windows 10 for free on a burnt disk.

Linux is a free open source operating system and Steam works pretty well with it but not every game has been moved over to the Linux OS.

I will not show you how to get Windows for free simply because I do not promote piracy or illegal downloads in any way shape or form. But like I said above, it is entirely up to you. Google it if you really want to pirate Windows.

If you do decide to go with Windows, make sure that you grab the 64bit version so that you will be able to use all 8GB of your RAM.

A wireless network adapter is an optional PC part but it allows you to access your internet wirelessly through small antennas that stick out of the back of your PC.

Just plug em’ in, install the drivers and then you’re all set for accessing your internet.

Below are links to a network adapter that is suitable for Windows 10 and to the Windows 10 64bit operating system.

Now I know that I usually recommend going with a broadband PCI express wireless network adapter but right now there are none on the market that I know of that are compatible with Windows 10. It seems like many people are upgrading to Microsoft’s new OS and so it is important to make sure that you have something that is going to be compatible.

Based on the reviews on Amazon for the product, it has a great connection to wifi!

If you’re looking for a build that’s going to handle most games on high graphic settings and if you’re also looking for good frame rates at those settings then this is definitely the build for you.

This build will dominate most games coming out this year and you’re totally in luck for this next-gen experience if you go with this build.

If you have any questions about the build feel free to ask me in the comments area below! 😀

6,172 Responses to Best Gaming PC Build Under $500 Dollars, This PC Will OWN in 2018!

1. Annonymous says:

I was wondering if this ram would work with this build

2. Austin Day says:

Will this build be able to run GTA 5 I know this is a HUGE game but this is one of the games I am dieting to play on the PC please let me know Thank you! 🙂

Hey there Austin!

For sure man 🙂 GTA V will run very well with this build! I’d expect to be able to run it smoothly at a tweaked high setting.

Always here for whatever else!

3. austin says:

Is their any other case i could use it is not letting me purchase this one.

4. Walker bait says:

Would the ryzen 3 1300X be a good CPU for this build? For twenty bucks more i thought the extra Base clock would help out alot more than the 1200, I was just wondering if using that processor instead will be ok. (The motherboard i got is the MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350)

So you’re referring to this exact CPU then, right? I ask because there seem to be different versions around, just making sure!

It’d work fine and it still comes with the stock cooler, if you have the room in your budget to use it then I’d recommend doing so! That extra bit of performance would be nice and you’ll also be able to overclock further down the road if you wanted to.

5. Walkerbait says:

Would the Ryzen 3 1300X be a decent processor for this build, and what do you think would be a safe limit for overclocking on this CPU meaning how far can Go before the system overheats,and/or becomes unstable.

6. Michael says:

Would the i3 7100 be better for running games like gta v or rainbow six seige?

At stock speeds the 7100 is a little bit better than the 1200 but if you were to overclock then you’d have similar if not a bit better performance for less.

7. Travis H. says:

Could this run games such as Squad, Hearts of Iron 4, and Other big games all together? In my case im worried about Hearts of Iron 4 and Steel Division: Normandy 44.

Hey Travis,

Looking at the spec requirements for those titles, you’d be good to go with this build for sure. These specs surpass what is recommended!

Always here if you need more help as you’re moving forward with the build.

8. Deno says:

Hey, would I be able to use this case with the build? It’d look better with my current setup. Thanks for any help!

9. Eric says:

Hey, would this hard drive work and work well? I found it in a store for much cheaper. http://amzn.to/2xZEBg5

10. Dylan Monroe says:

Help!
    I cannot seem to locate the PCI-E slot on the graphics card you provided, and the video you linked says to plug the PCI-E in.
    if you could give some help that would be appreciated.

• Dylan Monroe says:

Actually, never mind, I found out it gains power directly from the motherboard. This is embarrassing…

No worries man! 🙂 With my first build ever it took me a full hour to realize that I didn’t have my power supply plugged into my wall outlet… 😛

Glad that you got it figured out, let me know what you think after playing around with your new build a bit!

11. Linda Ray says:

Great information. My computer maintenance class will be building 5 of these. I hope to be able to sell them after they are built, since I had to purchase all of the parts. It’s expensive being a teacher.

12. John B. says:

You know… if you substituted the Main Board and Proc for the Ryuzen 3/GIGABYTE GA-A320M-HD2 package you’ll save $15-$20 on the build. The Main Board also has on board video (Max if 2Gb shared w/3 monitors)

In which case… I guess if someone were desperate enough they can hold off buying the Graphics card until a later date… they’ll just have to keep most games dialed way down and use a single monitor set up

Yeah you could but then I don’t think you’d be able to overclock which is a big deal with the Ryzen CPUs when you’re thinking about gaming. Comes down to whether someone plans on overclocking or not.

13. Jen P says:

Hello
    I am currently looking to buy a gaming pc for my boyfriend. I don’t know anything about building a pc but i have read a couple of your articles and found them to be helpful. It’s kind of tough doing it without his input because i am getting this as a gift for him. It does help that i know what types of games he wants to play for PC. Games such as PUB & Total war. So my question to you is how much do you think is a decent price range to build this pc?

You’d be able to get it done with this build, you’d want to upgrade a couple of the parts down the road though to keep up with a demanding title like PUBG since it’s not well optimized yet. It’d be completely playable on a tweaked medium setting.

Going with this build would be a great way to enter into PC gaming. 1080p performance with plenty of room for upgrades in the future.

If you wanting a different case or anything else just let me know, always here to help! 🙂

14. Jack Vaughan says:

Hey, your article is very helpful, just wondering if this runs rainbow six siege well or not because that is my main game? Can it run bug games like battlefield 1 well?!

Glad you’re digging the site! Yes, these specs match up with what it required to run those titles. I wouldn’t expect 60 FPS on every graphic setting maxed out, but at a tweaked high setting you’ll have smooth gameplay all around.

15. Kade Becker says:

These parts are all compatible with each other, right?

And is anything else required to make this PC functional (such as cables) or is it all included?

16. Walkerbait says:

I had gotten the MSI gaming pro B350M motherboard that used to be your recomondation and i found this stick of 8GB ram for alot less then the ones you have listed.I was wondering If this ram would work because of the low cost. http://amzn.to/2ACUxGU

That stick would work but it’s now overpriced, RAM right now is at a weird spot price wise. I’ll keep trying to update the builds with better pricing going forward!

17. Aaron C says:

Hey Colton. I built this pc a few months ago when it still listed the i3-6100, and it’s serving me very well! Though, I was wondering if the change from the i3 to the Ryzen 3 is worth it if I already have the 6100? Thanks a bunch!

If you wanted to go into Ryzen, which keep in mind would also require a new motherboard, I’d recommend going with something a lot more powerful.

For you I’d actually recommend sticking with the Intel family and upgrading to what’s next best. Let me know if you need help there, I’ll point you in the right direction!

Glad that you’re digging the build 🙂

18. Amanda says:

Let me start by saying I have no clue about gaming computers but my daughter wants one for Christmas and I would really like to surprise her, she’s a big overwatch gamer and someone said they can build me one for $550 this is the specs –
    Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Case

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SuperClocked gaming edition 6GB GPU

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri Quad-Core 3.7GHz CPU

Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-DS2 (FM2+) Motherboard

Thermaltake 600W PSU

Hitachi 7200rpm HDD 320GB

Now between this one and the one you stated which one is the better choice?

I like the video card choice, the 6GB 1060, but the mobo/CPU combo wouldn’t be good to go with. Also, you might want more HDD space, the above build has almost 700GB more.

Although the 1060 is nice, I’d still say to go with what’s above to have the most updated hardware as far as the motherboard, RAM, CPU and hard drive is concerned. Then an upgrade to the GPU down the road whenever she thinks it’d be necessary. And you’re referring to this exact case – right? If so then you can also still stick with that one with the build.

19. Anonymous says:

Can I use this case instead? http://amzn.to/2icbfWe

20. Aiden says:

hey amazon sent me the wrong case, will the H22 also work on this build?

21. Jordan says:

Would the GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD RYZEN AM4 B350 RGB Fusion Smart Fan 5 HDMI1.4 M.2 SATA 6Gbps USB 3.1 Type-A ATX DDR4 Motherboard work with the setup that you have

Along with the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING

22. Stefan says:

Man,I live in Canada and the currency is different.Could you make me a list for $500 OR is it too little?i was thinking to wait for black Friday and Christmas sale.

I’d wait and check out the sales since it’s right around the corner, as far as making a list for your currency go to the “About Me” on the site here and contact me from there!

23. Dylan says:

Will this ram work instead. http://amzn.to/2jOFE04 Only difference is 2400 mhz vs 2133 mhz. Also costs about $5 cheaper, and ships quicker to me. Trying to purchase this as soon as possible. My first build : D

You could, though there are definitely cheaper options. RAM is at a weird spot right now with pricing. I’ll be updating the builds today with a new RAM, trying to find the best value for power per dollar spent.

24. Sean Mcgowan says:

Is there any significant difference between the graphics card you suggested and this version : http://amzn.to/2hKJnaS

Honestly not really man, comes down to which brand you’d rather go with. They have extremely similar specifications, wouldn’t notice a performance difference.

25. GOAT_MAN says:

The prices on Amazon have changed… The total price of everything including the Windows 10 and the wireless network adapter is $713.16 max.

I know GOAT_MAN, it’s unfortunate. I’m trying to keep up and find parts for a lower price but the market is at a crazy point right now. It’s mainly because of RAM being overpriced.

I’ll be doing another update today, also keep in mind I’m only thinking of the hardware on the final price and the prices change daily on the parts.

26. Manuel says:

I managed to build it and im very happy but i cant hear any sound (example: music, notifications, ect.) Could it be my moniter? btw im new to all this stuff.

Did you install the audio drivers? Should come with a CD that came with the motherboard. Let me know if you aren’t using a CD drive and I can point you to the right drivers!

27. Ramzi says:

Will it run Rocket League much better than the $400 dollar PC?

You’ll get a constant 60FPS at 1080p at higher settings with this build! Could get similar FPS on the $400 build but you’d have to tweak graphics settings.

28. Joseph says:

Hey! Would this setup be overkill for building a pc mainly meant to be playing rocket league on? I might get more into pc gaming down the road, but for now I’m mainly just interested in running rocket league at 60 fps with decent settings. Just trying to save some money haha

You’ll definitely get 60 FPS with Rocket League with this build, honestly this build would be ideal for just that. It’s not overkill yet it’s going to be able to run Rocket League very smoothly as well as other titles you might be interested in down the road.

29. Kenton says:

Hi, would you recommend getting a 1200/1300x and overclock with a cooling upgrade or just get the 1400 and leave it?

Should i get the 2x4gb hyperx for ram? or the single 8gb ballistix sport from a comment listed above?

and i have an external 1tb drive so i was thinking about just getting a 250gb ssd..
    trying to keep it cheap but if something is worth it i can dish out some extra cash, mainly plan on using this computer for PUBG. Thanks!

Hi Kenton,

I would stick with the 1200 above and overclock, you’ll be able to overclock it nicely even with the stock cooler that it comes with.

For the RAM, I’ve updated it again to a Crucial stick listed above. RAM right now is at a really weird spot, the pricing is very off. I would just try to find DDR4 RAM for the lowest price and I was able to find the above stick.

For sure I would add in a SSD. Install your OS to it and your most played titles then everything else could go on the 1TB.

Always here for whatever else as you’re moving forward with your build!

30. Remiro Armstrong says:

I Just need need it to run games like Overwatch and PUBG. Does it, and if not what do I need to do to make it be able to run games like these?

Hey Remiro,

Overwatch and PUBG have completely different levels of optimization. I wouldn’t worry about Overwatch at all, you’ll get a smooth frame rate at the higher graphics settings.

For PUBG you’d have a decent frame rate at a tweaked med/high setting. You’re going to have to mess with graphics settings, but it’ll run PUBG!

I’m here for any help you need going forward with the build.

31. Rob says:

Computer itself would cost over $600, everything here together is over $850. Try renaming the article

Rob,

I’ve updated the part list and yes, it’s still overpriced for the targeted price point. 8/10 times I’m able to keep this build under $500 but in today’s market, there’s no way. Unless you’re trying to pay less for an underperforming build that isn’t worth the price you pay.

It’s because of RAM, RAM is at a weird spot. For some reason the price of RAM is double what it usually costs and I have no control over that.

I’ll keep updating the builds through Black Friday/Cyber Monday in hopes that we’ll be able to put these builds together at the price point that we’d like to. I don’t want to share parts that aren’t worth buying.

32. ExiledCyborg says:

do I need to order any cables for the motherboard

33. Cfdp16 says:

Hey is this build good enough for mid-high gaming rig. Not totally expert my budget is currently at 400-450 usd !

Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 Skylake Processor Socket 1151 3.7 Ghz 3m
    Cooling System: Deepcool GAMMAXX200t Heatsink Fan
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2 Motherboard Socket 1151 Pcie Ddr4
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Memory 1x8gb Ddr3-1866 Cl10 Red
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Harddisk Drive 1tb Sata Blue
    Solid State Drive: SNA-BR2/35 SSD bracket for 2.5 and 3.5 inches
    Graphics cards: Palit GeForce GTX750 TI StormX OC Videocard 2gb 128bit Pcie DDR5
    Case: Tecware F3 Gaming Casing Red
    Keyboard and Mouse: A4tech KRS-8372 Keyboard and Mouse Usb Black
    Power Supply: Powerlogic Power Supply 550watts Mini

total 435 USD

Hello,

I wouldn’t go with what you have going on here for power per dollar spent and for compatibility reasons.

You need DDR4 RAM in order to use that board/processor. I know that RAM is much cheaper, but DDR4 is what is necessary. It’s overpriced for now so if you’re going for a build now you’ll just have to do it.

I wouldn’t go for a 750 Ti. I would instead go for a 1050 Ti like what is listed above. Other than that, it wouldn’t be too bad of a build! I’m not entirely sure about the case, unable to find what you’re referring to.

34. Frank says:

Hello need help newbie on pc gaming any thoughts on this build.

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-7100 Processor 3M Cache, 3.90 GHz :PHP 5,740.00
    Motherboard ASROCK H110M HDV :PHP 3,170.00 or MSI B250M Bazooka :PHP 4,600.00
    RAM Ballistix Sport LT Gray 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM CT7911780 :PHP 3,150.00
    Storage: Seagate 1TB Barracuda :PHP 2,320.00
    SSD: WD Green 120GB Sata (WDS120G1G0A) SSD :PHP 2,900.00
    Graphics Card: 4gb Zotac GTX 1050 Ti Dual Fan OC :PHP 7,630.00
    Power Supply: Corsair VS450 80Plus White :PHP 1,720.00
    Case : Tecware Quad Cube Gaming Case :PHP 1,850.00

Total PHP 29,910.00 if going for MSI Bazooka 588USD
    PHP 28,480 if going for ASROCK H110M 560USD

This is outdated price really not sure the prices on this parts maybe it goes lower or higher.
    your thoughts?? Thanks.

Or do you have a suggestion for build that has the same price on this one 500-550 USD range thanks.

BTW amd rayzen is out of stock here on my country 🙁

Hey Drank,

Not a bad build by any means, I would go for the ASRock board if you knew you weren’t going to upgrade to a CPU to overclock in the future.

Not sure about the case, I’m not able to know which one it is exactly. The reason why prices for a build are pretty high these days is due to the RAM being overpriced.

35. al says:

will this ram work with this build… the one you selected is sold out

36. ram says:

how about this ram will it fit the motherboard Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory – BLS8G4D26BFSC (White) http://amzn.to/2iI0hI9

37. Sebastian says:

Would the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC be a better alternative to the GPU?

38. Tetra says:

This is probably the best build out there for matching the $500 price with good gaming power. As you said before, the market right now is very unstable and resulting in overpriced components. I recently found an RX 580 for sale below $200, do you think the Ryzen 3 can handle it? I might consider getting it with the 1300X and overclocking it. For $80 more I feel like it´s worth it, what do you think?

39. Isaac says:

Hello Colton, I’m Isaac.

Thanks for all the research and effort you put into helping out the pc community. I’m inexperienced in pc building and this guide as well as many others have really informed me.

Could you help me check if this build makes sense, or if its effective and compatible. I kind of researched other sources and liked these parts:

Case- Thermaltake Versa H21 (Windowed)

CPU- Ryzen 3 12​​00 4-Core AM4 ​C​PU

Motherboard- Asus PRIME B350M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4

Harddrive- ADATA Premier SP600 128 GB

RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 – 4GB)

Power supply- EVGA 500 B1, 80+ BRONZE ATX

GPU- GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I’m willing to read any information you can provide, I’m very open to DIY type of stuff and learning the nitty gritty.

My goal for the build is to have machine powerful enough to work effectively with programs like itunes to keep my familys’ phones uptodate, and perform back ups, and other time consuming operations. Also id like to minimize time waiting for programs to boot up, and run. Excel, Video and pic editing, etc.

Ofcourse gaming on the side is nice too, for me 😉 I also recognize more money spent = faster, but id like to hear your thoughts.

Hey there Isaac!

Not a bad combination that you have planned here, a build like this would be able to do everything you’re looking to do. A note about the RAM, you’ll be overpaying by quite a bit with that choice. RAM right now is very overpriced, it’s at a weird spot in the market. I’ll be posting an update to all of the builds here soon to include the lowest price RAM that’ll still perform well.

I’d say go for it! Also no problem for the help, I’m happy to 🙂

40. Otto von Bismarck says:

Will this Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DR x8 Unbuffered DIMM 288-Pin Memory – CT8G4DFD824A work it says that it is the upgraded version of the one you suggested and is in stock.

41. Joe R says:

Hello, Colton

I’m wondering if this ram will work:

Does it have to be dual or single rank?

Thanks for this informative guide!

Hey there Joe,

For sure, you could use that stick. I recommend using a single stick to have plenty of slots left over for if you ever wanted to add more RAM in the future.

No problem, happy to help man!

42. Joe R says:

Is this graphics card compatible with this build:

43. Joe R says:

Is this the same graphics card as the one you’re using?
    Btw. the amazon on is temporarily out of stock.

44. Jay says:

Will the same case but the bigger version (h22) still be compatible with these parts?

45. Jay says:

The video card is out of stock at Amazon do you know where else I could get it? Or should I just wait?

46. Kino says:

does this work on this build? MSI Computer Video Card (GTX 1050 TI 4GT OC) because the Videos card that comes with your build is out of stock so i’m wondering if this one will work.

47. Omar Garcia says:

how many monitors will this build support?

48. Emmanuel Torres says:

I just wanted to thank you for the work that you do and I hope that your website continues to be successful.

I went with the build above except I already had a Thermaltake Smart650W PSU so I opted for a better case in terms of airflow and cable management. Do you think I had good reasoning or should I have went with a cheaper case like the Thermaltake Versa H22?

I appreciate the kind words man, it means a lot and you’re welcome!

You could use that case but keep in mind that it doesn’t have a slot for a CD drive so you’ll either have to go with an external CD drive or go the route of installing an OS via USB and downloading the drivers online.

49. Scott Hall says:

Colton P. I am so glad I found your build suggestion. I was asked to build a computer on a budget of $350 dollars 😮 I already had some things and so what I did add to my cart is as follows. Before I begin, I will also ask you if what I have is ok. I will be getting the mother board, Ram, CPU & CD drive. But I want to get the 750 w PSU.
    Power supply EVGA 750 BQ, 80
    Price:$59.99

Will this psu work for the build?
    I also have EVGA GTX 670
    And a huge AVC liquid cooling heat sink. Do you know if this will all work for my build?
    I also wanted to add more fans, I have some laying around. Is cutting the top for more ventilation on the case a good idea? The case is an old giant Alien case. btw. Thank you so much for replying to everyone that asks you questions. You sir, are a good man. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Scott.

Hey Scott, sorry that it has taken a while for me to get back to you.

The PSU will work fine but are you able to link me the exact heat sink that you plan on using? I want to make sure that it’s going to be compatible with the above motherboard.

50. Joe R says:

Hello, I am putting in my ram.How is it supposed to look in the motherboard? Is it supposed to have a small gap at the notch once it clicks?