Good PC Build Under $800, The Best Custom PC For Next Gen

You may be wondering what the best steps would be towards getting a good PC build for under $800. Any custom PC within the $600-$800 range is going to be a beast of a system and trust me when I say that you would never regret the day you decided to build a custom PC within this budget range.

Good PC Build Under 800

$800 Is A Great Way To Go For A Gaming Rig

If you have never built a PC before then it may sound like something that would be to complicated to get done.

Through personal experience I can tell you that it’s really not that hard at all even though the thought of it might intimidate you. When I first got interested in building custom computers on whatever budget I desired I always thought that I would never be able to actually build a PC.

One day I said screw it and grabbed all of my parts to build the gaming computer of my dreams.

When I went to go build my first computer I followed a simple step-by-step video by Newegg and everything went just fine. I have added the video to this post so if you’d like you can bookmark this post and come back to it whenever you go to build your computer that way you can be ensured that you have an awesome result!

If you’re new to the whole custom computer scene then I’d highly suggest going through the first half of this video before you go and try to build your computer.

Sure it’s a lengthy video but the content is right on point and the instructions are extremely easy to follow. When you actually order your parts and go to build your computer then be sure to follow this video as you go to build your computer. This way you won’t miss a step and you’ll be able to build it like a pro!

Also, once you get this process down you can then build computers for friends/relatives and maybe even have them give you a small charge for the work you do. 😉

After building about 8 computers for various friends/family I am now able to build a computer around a hours worth of time. Personally, I think the process is fun and easy so why not develop a new skill right? 🙂

With all that being said, let’s go over which parts are going to be optimal within this budget range.

Last Updated: November 24th, 2017

case Case – Corsair SPEC-01

Processor – AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

Motherboard – ASUS Prime B350-Plus

Video CardMSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OCV1

RAM – Corsair 8GB Single DDR4

Power Supply – EVGA 700 B1 80+ Bronze 700W

cdCD Drive – Asus 24x DVD-RW

Final Price: $778.42

This build is AMAZING. 😀

Seriously, the combination of the Ryzen 1500x and this graphics card really packs a powerful punch and you’ll be set for years to come.

If you’re looking to have a build that can stand the test of time and give you a gaming experience like you’ve never experienced before then this is the build for you.

The 1500X is still the ideal choice even at this budget point. It’s an amazing CPU!

The Ryzen 1500x offers 4 physical cores and starts out clocked at 3.5GHz. You can go up to 3.7GHz using Turbo Boost.

This processor can be overclocked and it leaves plenty of room for an upgrade path down the road. Though to be honest, with the amount of power that it provides, you won’t be needing a CPU upgrade for a long while. A nice overclock will give a crazy amount of performance!

Overclocking gives the CPU more performance power per dollar spent and in comparison to say an i5-7500 – you’ll be able to match if not have even more overall performance after a slight overclock. It’s doable even with the stock cooler that it comes with which makes it even more valuable.

All in all, it’s going to be a great CPU for down the road. Then if/when you decided that you’re wanting more processing power whether for extreme content creation or for the highest quality VR gaming you’d be able to do so. Even without the overclock, it’s still good enough to get those tasks done.

A 6GB GTX 1060 is going to give amazing performance at 1080p and in VR.

Another obvious factor towards overall gaming performance is the video card. At this time, a 6GB GTX 1060 is the way to go. At 1080p resolution you’re going to be maxing out the graphics settings in almost any title today.

As far as the future, the 1060 is capable of handing it. Sure, it’s an ideal card for 1080p but it’s also going to have nice performance in VR gaming as well. If you’re thinking about trying out VR in the future then a build including a card like this is essential.

This will be very easy to do once you install the drivers for your motherboard after building your PC. Also be sure to check out YouTube tutorials over it! There are plenty of people out there that have successfully overclocked the 1500x with the stock cooler.

The case is your choice. The case that I have listed above will fit the video card and it is the USB 3.0 option. If you want a different looking case then you can go ahead and browse some cool ones by Clicking Here.

The previous build update had included a solid state drive but I had to remove it to be able to stay within the budget range. If the market allows it down the road I’ll add it back in but it’s not an essential part anyway.

If you are in need of a keyboard and mouse for your build then you should check out the review that I did on a great keyboard/mouse combo for a lower price! It doesn’t break the bank and it still gets the job done.

The video card will put you in awe with the amount of power it holds. You can feel very comfortable if you’re planning on playing at a 2560 x 1440 resolution with the graphics settings set to high with this card. 🙂

Down the road when 4K monitors become the norm then I would maybe suggest a GPU upgrade but this graphics card is going to give you power for years to come. This card performs about 200% better than today’s consoles. 😉 With that though, there is a card that you should get once it’s at the right price point. That would be the GTX 1070/1080 – it’d be the better pick to go with for the future.

The reason why I don’t have it listed today is because it’s not available at the right price yet. Once it is though, this build will definitely have it listed. Years down the road it’ll make more sense to add parts like that to a build at this budget point.

As for a monitor, as I said, you’re not going to want to go with something like 4K for a while. However, this build would perform very well at a 1080p resolution so you should definitely get a monitor that delivers on that res.

71r1E7x7PlL._SL1500_MonitorAsus VS228SH

Be sure to go with 700+ watts of power with this build. If you ever feel like upgrading down the road whether it’s the GPU or CPU then you’re also going to want to increase the amount of power you can give to the whole computer.

The 500W power supply that I have listed above is one of the most trusted and most protected brands in power supplies so you for sure won’t have to worry about having any power issues with this build!

Choosing an operating system is going to be up to you to decide.

There are many ways of acquiring Windows but actually purchasing a real copy will ensure the highest quality experience with your OS.

I recommend getting Windows 10 since it’s the most compatible when you’ve got your build strictly with gaming in mind. It’s a mixture of the Windows 7 start menu ease combined with the modern feel and look of Windows 8. They got rid of Internet Explorer (FINALLY. Lol.) and replaced it with some new browser they created called Edge. I’d recommend a different browser still, but it’s good to know that they are wanting to trash out their outdated web browser.

Now if you can’t afford to purchase a Windows operating system for about $90 more just know that I completely understand that. Some work arounds would be to throw a free, Linux based operating system like Ubuntu on your build. Ubuntu is an open-source and free operating system that works great for every day use. The only down side to having a Linux based operating system is that not every game out there is compatible with Linux.

There are some 3rd party programs that are out that help with this issue but it’s still kind of an annoying problem. If you don’t mind trying to problem solve and emulate games then you’d be able to use Linux just fine but it’s still a pain to have such a little problem.

That’s why Steam is making their own operating system called SteamOS. Valve wants to base it off of Linux and have it be compatible with every Steam game in existence. I’m pretty excited about that! 😀

But if you still want to go with Windows then I would suggest throwing Linux on your computer temporarily until you have saved enough money to grab a Windows disk. Then you could either dual boot both operating systems or switch entirely over to Windows. You also have the choice of trying to get a copy of Windows through pirating but I don’t suggest that you do that.

Reason being is because it’s illegal and your operating system won’t run 100% perfect by trying to throw a cracked copy of it on a brand new computer. It’s best to just wait and save up for it and have a legit copy that way you can know that everything is going to

Also, if you need a way to connect to internet then I highly recommend picking up a broadband wireless network adapter. It plugs right into a USB slot and it’ll give you the most reliable connection. I’ve included links to both a 64bit version of Windows 10 and a good USB network adapter that is also compatible with Windows 10.

One thing that you need to be certain of is grabbing a 64bit version of Windows because if you don’t then you won’t be able to use all 8GB of your RAM, and that is extremely important to have especially as we move forward with how the PC gaming industry is growing.

There you have it, this is how you can get a good PC build under for $800.

So what do you guys think? Are you going to be grabbing this build?

Let me know in the comments below and if you have any questions feel free to ask away! 🙂

652 Responses to Good PC Build Under $800, The Best Custom PC For Next Gen

1. Zachary says:

Would the tower on 600 dollar build work for this exact build on the 800 dollar

2. Luke says:

For the Ram Sticks, would it be better to get two four gb ram sticks or just stick with the one eight gb stick?

Hey Luke,

Going with dual channel gives a very slight hair better performance in comparison but it’s not enough to justify using up an extra RAM slot just to have dual channel. You wouldn’t see a difference in performance. That’s why I share using a single 8GB stick because it leaves you with more room yo be able to add more down the road whenever you deemed it necessary!

• Luke says:

Ok, that makes sense.

Also, what fan for the cpu should I get? I plan on building this build and I saw on Amazon.com that the cpu does not come with a fan (if I’m not mistaken).

It actually does come with one. The “K” versions of the newer Intel processors don’t come with a stock Intel cooler but since this isn’t that version, it’ll come with a stock Intel cooler. You’ll be good to go!

• Ben Gt says:

Hey so if I bought all of these parts,
        I could just bring it in to my Best Buy and get them to install it?

Hey Ben,

You could but they’re going to charge an arm and a leg for it. Usually about $40 per part, almost $200 extra to have them do the build for you. I’d recommend going through the video above before and during the process of putting together the build to save the money, it isn’t actually all that hard to do!

3. Jack says:

Hello, I’m pretty new to building pc’s… I was wondering if you can switch out the hard drive for an ssd? If you can would this one work?

• Jack says:

Also, if I were to want to upgrade the graphics card could I upgrade it to this one without changing anything else?

• Jack says:

Sorry for so many replies to my own question…but, could I get a 2k monitor for around 180 dollars that would be able to run games like rainbow six siege at ultra settings without altering anything else in this build? If you could link a decently cheap 2k monitor that would be nice as well.

Are you referring to a 1440p monitor? I’m not sure what you mean by a “2k” monitor. With that, you’re going to have a hard time finding a monitor like that for under 180. I don’t think they exist man…

With a 1080p monitor you’d be able to run Siege on max settings with a good FPS, can’t say the same for 1440p though it’d still be playable on a tweaked high setting at that resolution.

Yup, it’d fit just fine and be fully compatible.

Hey Jack,

Yeah you could definitely do that! Though I want to point out that going for that Samsung one, you’re overpaying a bit. I’d suggest this one from SanDisk since it’s cheaper and you’d still be getting similar performance out of it!

4. Charles says:

I ordered the same RAM and motherboard on this guide, but for some reason, the RAM doesn’t go down all the way. Most of the gold on the bottom is still visible. Is this ok?

Hey Charles,

Did you click the RAM into the motherboard? You should hear a *click* when you apply a bit of pressure to it into the slot. Are you using the above video as a guide? Let me know!

• Charles says:

Yeah, I just didn’t push it down hard enough lol. Also, how did you install the IO shield? I tried to snap it to the case but it kept falling off. Also the prongs on the IO shield kept the motherboard from moving onto the stand-offs.

5. Xachary says:

Would like to know if i use the motherboard off the 800 dollar build and use everything elese off the $600 build would it work like the 4gb graphic card and the fx8030

Hey Xachary,

No, you need to use a different motherboard from the above list or the $800 build list if you wanted to use the FX-8350. Since it’s an AMD processor you’d need a motherboard to match with that CPU, the right socket.

Let me know if that’s for sure what you’re wanting to do and I’ll help point you in the right direction!

6. I didn’t know where to ask this, so I’ll ask it here: What do you think about this build?

All looks good to me! Keep in mind about having 2 SATA ports being taken up if you plan on adding more drives down the road but you should be good for adding in a single drive for more storage whenever you deemed that necessary.

7. Tony says:

Should I switch out the graphics card for a XFX Radeon RX 480? here is a link

Also, can I switch out the case for the Corsair 100R?
    would everything work fine? here is a link: http://amzn.to/2mZHIDz

If you would want to switch to a 480 then that’s up to you, you’d be able to use it with everything else. Even with the case you’ve linked in mind.

As far as using a 480 over the 1060, nVidia tends to have better driver support. Both cards perform better with specific games so I would look up the games that you have in mind for playing and seeing which card is able to run it better and go from there!

8. bob's your uncle says:

A Few things I would recommend

1) save 10 bucks and buy a cheaper 500-550w PSU
    2) save 20 bucks and exclude the disk drive
    3) Buy a 80 dollar mobo and save 55 bucks (you can’t OC the CPU anyway)

Now instead of a $245 GTX 660 buy the GTX 1070 founders for $370 (yes I realize it means paying in a bit ($40) but it makes more sense).

Right on, those changes also make sense. I included the above motherboard for future upgrades to processors that would be able to utilize all of the motherboard’s features.

Most don’t want to go over the budget point when it comes to this build though I’ll look into what the actual total would come out to be with changes like that!

9. Sam says:

Would the Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case work for this build.

10. Danny says:

Is it possible to opt for an i7 processor? Or is the i5 better for this build?

You could but Danny I’d only recommend doing that if you planned on doing other work such as rendering processors or other tasks that are heavily dependent on having a high end processor. When it comes to gaming, you’re not going to get a crazy, significant difference when it comes to gaming.

11. Luke says:

I am planning on buying these components, and when I click on the cpu, it does not have a fan with it. I will need a cpu fan, correct?

12. Feliz says:

One question sir
    After I buy all the parts above to build
    Do i have to buy the window 10 too
    Sorry I am new, I don’t know nothing about building a pc –‘

13. Seb L says:

Would I need a CPU cooler or fan or anything, or will it overheat? I was reading a few things and people talked about overheating and I’m a it worried

14. Sam Deutsch says:

Hey Colton, I am looking to get into PC gaming. I know nothing about PCs because I play on console and some of my friends play PC and others play console so I want to do both. I want to game but also start making Youtube videos, is this a good computer for those things?

For sure Sam!

As far as productivity, the specs are there for video editing/rendering and what not. It’d be an ideal build for high quality 1080p gaming while also still being able to using content creation software at an optimal rate.

Let me know if I can help more as you’re moving forward with your build, I’m all ears here 🙂

15. dude says:

Hey Colten, I built the 500$ pc like 2 years ago and couldn’t be happier! But with time things advance and im looking for a reletivly low cost way to boost performance cause im in high school and i gotta buy a car and stuff so im low on money. If im lucky I would like to be able to play battlefront 2 on at least minimum settings if possible. I know the requirments have not been realeased at the time of me writing this, but i cant imagine they are to far away from bf1’s
    specs-
    motherboard-MSI Socket AM3+/AMD 760G/DDR3/CrossFireX/SATA3 and USB 3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard 760GMA-P34 (FX)
    gpu-SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 285 DirectX 12 100374OCL 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card
    cpu-AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition
    ram-Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s PC3-12800 CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory CT102464BA160B

i could put other stuff like my power source and hard drive but those arent as much realated to performance. thanks again!

Hey dude! Glad that you’re digging the build!!

First thing I would look at upgrading would be your video card, something like this 4GB RX 480 would do the trick as far as getting an extra performance boost goes.

Then I’d also look into getting a nice cooler and overclocking the FX 6300 as much as you could, then you’d be set for what’s coming out in the near future! Let me know what you decide to do!

• dude says:

I already had upgraded to a hyper212 evo cooler, would that work for the overclocking?

For sure! You’ll be good to go using that cooler. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that’ll show examples of using that same cooler and CPU to getting the job done.

16. Leo says:

Hi Colton! I am in need of your assistance. All of the parts ship to my area except the Motherboard, what alternatives would you recommend?

Hey Leo,

I’ve looked around for other compatible boards and it seems that literally all of the other boards, which are newer products, aren’t ready for shipping outside of the US. Do you have an Amazon website for your area maybe to look for the board/a similar one? I’ll be able to tell you if a specific board is compatible or not.

17. jus says:

Hey Colton do you think GIGABYTE LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A will be fine for this build?

Hey jus,

You’d need to update the BIOS with a previous generation processor, I wouldn’t recommend using that board as a new build. You’d run into issues with the motherboard not being able to recognize your processor.

18. Russticz says:

Hey Colton. I put this pc build together not to long ago. I’ve noticed that the cpu is at 100% usage while my cpu is only at about 30% to 40% usage. I’ve done some research and from what I can tell the i5-7500 should not be bottlenecking the gtx 1060. This is effecting me because I’m trying to play h1z1 but I only get about 20 to 30 fps in cities and 60 fps in the fields. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• Russticz says:

Gpu is at 30 to 40 percent

You’ll just have to mess around with different graphics settings in-game, H1Z1 is weird with that. Others have the same issue. Certain graphic settings are more intensive to the CPU rather than the GPU, would go through trial and error and see what works best!

19. Leonard-John Ventura says:

Hey Colton! Here are the changes that I was hoping to make, as some parts are having a hard time shipping to my areas.

For the Motherboard:

For the case:

I also got a 2TB version of the hard drive just because.

Thank you for your input!

Hey Leonard!

Those changes would work just fine, everything is compatible and good to go!

• Leonard-John Ventura says:

Just wanted to say thank you soooo much for your suggestions and guidance Colton! I finished my build today and everything works perfectly! Cheers to the next couple of years of gaming!

-Leonard

20. Christopher says:

Would you be able to use the graphic card from this build and still use the motherboard from the 700 dollar build ? The one stated there is not coming I as ordered and doesn’t say when it will be in . Would there be a difference in performance?

Christopher,

No you wouldn’t be able to use the motherboard from the $700 build with the processor listed above, they aren’t compatible with each other. You’d be able to switch out the graphics card on either board but you need to have the correct board to match up with whatever processor you planned on using.

21. Keith says:

Would kingsten hyper x fury black 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 work on this build?

22. Broller says:

Hey Colton! I have three questions to ask of regarding this build. Can I use a rx 580 instead of a 1060 in this build and will it be compatible? Do you recommend the rx 580 over the 1060 if I have the money? And lastly if build the my pc with the exact specs you mentioned how long before I’ll have to upgrade? How futureproof is your build?

Hey Broller!

Sure you could, I’d recommend this one from PowerColor but it seems that they’re low on stock or something, the prices of the RX 500 series are overpriced at the moment for the other brands. It’d be worth waiting for the prices to make more sense.

It’d be a long while before you would have to start thinking about upgrading, I would say 3-5 years depending on how much performance you’d want out of PC games that come out down the road.

Always here for whatever else going forward!

23. Lukas says:

Hey Coltton,
    Just wondering would it be smart to change PNY GPU to Strix 1060

Thanks.

24. Juan says:

Do you have an idea of what this build would benchmark on newer games?

Hey there Juan,

You can always look up the same combination of the video card and the processor on YouTube along with the game to get an idea for the performance you’d get out of it!

25. Anonymous says:

Hey there. Can you re-use a hard drive from another PC? Because that will cut off my price

26. Giorgio says:

Hey Colton just wanted to see if this is the same graphics card as amazon

27. Rachel P says:

Would I be able to use up to 16 gigs of ram? I’m looking to build this for my boyfriend and this seems perfect but we do a lot of ram intensive games like Minecraft. As my desktop has 16 gigs and seems to do fine.

thanks,
    Rachel

Hey there Rachel,

Sure you could. I’d suggest going with two of the exact stick listed above or you could go with a 16GB kit such as this one from Corsair if you wanted to!

• Rachel P says:

Thanks Colton! I have a full size tower that is a thermaltake case linked below, that I have laying around, I can’t find anywhere online if that mobo will fit in that case, or work with it at least?

Thanks,
        Rach

Yup, it’d be compatible! It has the right mounting holes for an ATX board.

Let me know if I can help more as you’re moving forward with your build!

28. Giorgio says:

Hey Colton just wanted to see if there’s a good alternitve to the PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB since it always sells out on Amazon

Thanks,
    Giorgio

29. Thibaud says:

can i play unkown battle grounds on highand still get 60 fps???

• Thibaud says:

high and*

PUBG’s optimization is still at a weird spot as of lately. Some people using a GTX 1050 Ti are able to run it at 60 FPS no problem at med/high. Most with a 1060 at high 60 FPS though some can’t get past 40 FPS even on a 1070.

I’d say yes, it should run smooth like that but the optimizations of the game itself really need to continue being tweaked.

30. Giorgio says:

Hey Colton just wanted to see if this graphics card would work http://amzn.to/2rraI5g

31. James says:

Did you change the CPU from a ASUS PRIME Z270-P to this? Because I remember seeing that one before? This CPU isnt available in my country so would an Asus Prime z270-P be good for 1080 60 fps gaming and will it compatible with the other components?

Another Question I wanna ask is that the PSU you have mentioned is not available in my country so please recommend any other good PSU I can buy.

Hey James,

Yes I made that change because the pricing of the other motherboard had changed so the above one fits the budget better. The previous motherboard would still work with everything else listed above.

Is this PSU able to be shipped to you? Let me know!

32. G says:

Hey Colton the graphics card listed above is currently 294 on amazon do you have any cheaper alternatives

33. Abdul says:

Hey there Colton so I’ve made some changes to this build and have come up with a build of my own. What do you think of my build? Is everything I listed compatible? and will it last for a long time playing all games very easily?

Case: Thermaltake Versa N21
    Processor: i5 7500
    GPU: Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1070 G1 8GB
    Ram: Crucial 8 GB single
    Hard Drive: WD 1 TB Hard Drive
    Power Supply: Corsair Cx750m Power Supply
    Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P

Hey Abdul,

My only concern with what you’ve got there is that there might be some drive bays that would be unusable due to the size of the graphics card. The case is compatible with large cards and if you don’t plan on using a bunch of drive bays then I’d say you’d be good to go!

• Abdul says:

What do I have to do to make it so that all the drive bays are usable?
        Do I have to get a better/bigger case? If so, which one do u recommend?

34. ST says:

Hey Colton I had a few questions about the pc:

Can I get 16GB ram with a 16GB stick or 2 8GB with this design? Which would you suggest and what kind?

Will the $600 case work if I do this?

Will the hp 25es display work with this pc or will i need a other monitor?

Will this build work with two monitors?

Can this pc smoothly run games like csgo, cod, other first person shooters and high graphic demanding stuff like that while maintaining a solid 50 fps on 1080p?

Sorry for throwing so many questions your way but this is the first gaming pc i am taking a serious in depth look into and website that makes sense to me. Thank you for all your help in getting me on the way to getting a gaming pc.

Hey there ST,

Yes you could go with 16GB and I’d suggest going with a kit like this one from Corsair if you’re wanting to go that route.

Yes, that monitor would work just fine. If you’re extremely competitive then keep in mind about the response rate of the monitor, one with a lower rate would be better for being extremely competitive.

It’s ideal for all of today’s games and the newer ones coming out for 1080p at higher frame rates like that, yes. It really comes down to which games you’re trying to play and how well they’re optimized.

No need to apologize, that’s what this comments area is for! Always here for whatever else going forward!

35. Michael says:

Hey colton,
    i was going through each of you computer builds from $500 all the way to $2000. I came back to $800 dollar build because it seems not to expensive for me but not cheaper parts, besides all that im new to the PC building scene and i have some questions.

1.Would this case be a good choice?
    For the case i want lots of space for upgrades but i want it to look nice like the one linked below.

2. For the video card you have there on amazon would it be worth it to buy the 6Gb/overclocked vs the one you have the
    6Gb/ Dualfan?
    6Gb/overclocked = http://amzn.to/2sKm49g

3. I believe on the mother board in this build there is 4 ram slots.
    How much ram should i get? I am playing cs go, over watch, league of legends, rainbow 6 siege, ark no mans sky, and any games that come out really.
    link to ram stick= http://amzn.to/2tW2sPE
    4. Do you know any good mechanical keyboards and a mouse for cs go mainly?
    I will probably come back on this page and ask you more questions after you ask the first set

Hey Michael,

1. Based on the dimensions, yes. That case should be able to work just fine, though keep in mind that you won’t be able to use a CD drive with that case.

2. Up to you, the OC card comes overclocked right out of the gate and so it will have a slight performance boost in comparison. Though it won’t be anything crazy significant over the other.

3. 8GB of RAM is still the standard today, more RAM does not = more gaming performance. More RAM helps with multi-tasking mainly. So I’d go with 8GB for now to save money then add more down the road whenever you deemed it necessary. If you want to start with 16GB however, that kit would be just fine.

4. I’ve used this keyboard for a long while and it has served me well. Durable, good material… Not a well known brand but gets the job done.

As for a mouse, I’d go with anything that looks the part of what you want that has at least a max of 6000+ DPI. This way if you upgraded to higher resolution monitors down the road you wouldn’t run into issues with the mouse.

36. Sami says:

Hey Colton, when I calculated the price of all the parts it added to one thousand.

37. Sami says:

Hi Colton, would this GPU work instead of the listed one its much cheaper http://amzn.to/2uujdyn
    Thanks.

38. Aidan Suskic says:

When I looked up each of these parts and added the price I was getting something around $905+. Am I supposed to wait for a sale?
    Here are the pricing I found when i clicked on the links.

Case-$50
    Processor-$205
    Motherboard-$115
    Graphics Card-$400
    RAM-$60
    Power-$70
    Hard Drive-$50
    CD Drive- 20

Hey Aidan,

It’s all because of the video card market right now. Due to the Bitcoin mining craze going on all of the prices have sky rocketed. If you wanted to start with a lower end card and upgrade down the road you could. Otherwise it might be worth waiting a bit until the prices go back to where they make the most sense.

39. Shane says:

Will the i5-7600k fit in this motherboard

Hey there Shane,

Yup you could use it, though you’d also have to include a compatible aftermarket cooler if you wanted to go that route. Let me know what you decide!

40. Ethan Martin says:

Can I use the gtx 1050 in this build will it be compatible?

41. Scott says:

Colton, after a ton of shopping, my son is at 787.00 on this build! We did go with a 600 watt factory refurbed EVGA power supply to save a few bucks. We bought an “. Open box ” but new case. Because it was open box, we got an additional fan new corsair ) thrown in on the deal. The motherboard has recently dropped to 99.99 from 114.00. We subbed an EVGA gtx1060 6gb card and got it for 299.00.

Question for you: what is your opinion on using a “system builder” copy of Windows 10 from EBay? These copies can be had for around 40.00.

Awesome! Sounds like you got some good deals!

If the seller has a good rep then I don’t see why it wouldn’t work out! Let me know what you decide to do!

42. Max says:

Will the EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC2 GAMING 8GB GDDR5 graphics card work with everything else in this build? I am planning on using a Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 case instead of SPEC-01, but keep all the rest of the hardware.

Max,

You’d be good to go making those changes! The card would fit just fine with the SPEC-02.

Let me know if I can help more as you’re moving forward with your build!

43. Sami says:

I am trying to upgrade my old pc which is a gigabyte 78LMT-USB3/FX-6300/gtx950/500 watt power supply

I want to upgrade it to the gtx 1060 but my cpu will bottleneck. Do you recommend I get the fx-8370 ?https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G4EF5701&cm_re=8370-_-19-113-374-_-Product
    It also fits on my motherboard.

If I get the fx-8350 will my 500 watt psu be able to support the new cpu and a gtx 1060 ?

This gpu by bestbuy is cheaper than most gpus on amazon should I get it ? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/5592426.p?skuId=5592426

Thanks in advanced.

Hey Sami,

Those changes would work just fine. I’d say go for it! The 500w power supply should be able to handle those changes, maybe not if you planned on doing a heavy overclock.

44. Harley says:

This is my second build and i would like to install two video cards would this build be able to do hat or will it fry the mother board

Hey Harley,

You could with the Crossfire technology on this board but that’s for AMD cards. If you’re wanting to use two nVidia cards then you’ll have to go with a different board that supports SLI.

45. A Random Guy says:

Hey there, is it worth it to get a 1600 instead and oc it to 4ghz? And will a reused HDD work to cut the price? I’ve got a pretty old one but still have 100+GB left on it and most of my stuff is in it too.

If you plan on multi-core stuff then the 1600 would make more sense. You can overclock the 1500x to 4ghz for sure.

You can if it’s another traditional drive like the one listed above. May or may not have to have a clean install of Windows with the newer motherboards, worth a shot though! Let me know!

46. ST says:

Hey Colton I ordered the parts to the previous build for the $800 pc is that still a good build and just abit more expensive right now?

For sure! As of right now it seems to come out at around the ~$830 mark. Still worth getting!!

Let me know how the build goes after you get everything put together?

47. Devon Williams says:

Would this be able to stream without dropping any blizzard games below 60fps

That’s a stretch if you’re trying to run them all on max settings. You should be able to stream any of those games on a tweaked med/high setting to keep that consistent 60 FPS through.

48. MC says:

Thanks for the guide! Planning on following this build! I’m just wondering, would this case work as well? http://amzn.to/2xLBEDl

49. Nick K says:

Do you think you will be updating this build before christmas?

50. Alvin says:

I am new to PC building. I am willing to build it before the end of this year. So, is there any upcoming changes that you will made and is it just fine to do with this current build ( which is updated on 2nd October ). Also, as a gamer who plays mainstream games ( Dota 2, CSGO , etc ). How much fps can you get using the default settings? I just want to make sure it is worth to make this because my old laptop seem to have a problem to run both games this year :(.

Hey there Alvin,

I’ll be doing another update either today or tomorrow and there may or may not be some changes involved, depends on how the market is doing! The website is going to be going through many changes within the next few weeks and I hope to be more on top of the build updates making them more regular.