I was a loyal Xbox gamer for over six years. It was hard for me to make the switch to PC gaming, but I don’t regret the switch AT ALL!
It’s also A LOT easier than you’d think to build your own computer. There are many tutorials on the internet that are great.
The video that I think is best is by Newegg. You can view that video here.
Why should you choose a PC over a console?
- PC hardware is cheaper, as with the games.
- Works with any TV or monitor.
- Works with any gaming controller.
- PC has native resolution, meaning all games have a clearer image. Some games even with today’s consoles won’t run at 1080p/60FPS.
- Free online services! 😀 (Steam, Desura, Origin, etc.)
- Localized multiplayer – and with some games up to 16 players.
- PCs are good for work, education, and entertainment.
- Faster than a PS4 or Xbox One, even with a $400 PC build.
- Cheaper games. (Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle)
- Better-rated games. (by Metascore)
- Free game mods and enhancements.
- A LOT more games than consoles.
- More PC exclusives than Xbox or PS4 exclusives.
- Awesome independent developers make awesome PC games.
- Lots of FREE games.
- No punishments for repairing.
- Can be upgraded if desired, and is easier to upgrade.
- Steam’s “Big Picture” mode for couch gaming.
- Better price-performance than consoles.
- High resolutions and higher graphic detail.
You’re probably going to own some sort of PC anyways, why not pay a bit more on top to make it a gaming machine? That alone makes it cheaper than a console.
If you are starting to ask yourself if you should become a PC gamer, then the answer is already YES! 😀
Highlight the Build Your PC nav link above and pick your budget! If you have questions about a certain build, be sure to leave a comment!
P.S. I recommend that you try to start your budget with at least around $500. Anything less than that is going to be cutting it close when it comes to this next generation of PC gaming…
To years of PC gaming awesomeness,